The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.Chinese proverb
A tree will be planted in The Happy Hamlet for every rental reservation or each retreat. You can either plant the tree yourself during your stay or leave it to Nico, our Head of Garden. We are committed to make the Hamlet (and the planet) greener together with you. As your tree grows, it will absorb CO2, protect the soil and preserve biodiversity. We have space for “only” about 1250 trees – so hurry up!
Did you know?
(A few facts about trees)
- Forests cover 30% of the earth’s land.
- There are more than 60,000 known tree species.
- A single tree produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year. That means two mature trees can supply enough oxygen annually to support a family of four!
- One tree can absorb as much carbon in a year as a car produces while driving 26,000 miles.
- Trees are the longest living organisms on the planet and one of the earth’s greatest natural resources.
- Trees are essential constituents of the ecosystem that absorb carbon.
- The world’s forests store 283 billion tons of carbon present in the biomass.
- Trees help reduce the effects of climate change. A mature tree can absorb more than 48 pounds of carbon dioxide each year, removing and storing the carbon while releasing the oxygen back into the air.
- Trees keep our air supply clean, reduce noise pollution, improve water quality, help prevent erosion, provide food and building materials, create shade, and help make our landscapes look beautiful
Things to Do in the Hamlet…
Any Questions? How Can We Help?
We’ll be happy to receive your call, email, or even better, meet you face to face in The Happy Hamlet.
Visit the contact page for more details or contact us directly by